Thursday, November 10, 2005

Four Pelicans



In my 'Theme of the Month' this month I'm exploring images depicting 'fives'. It seems to be accepted that groups of things work better in odd numbers than even. Even when you've put a pair of candlesticks on the mantlepiece above your fire (assuming you have one) it is difficult to resist adding a clock, an ornament or a picture in the middle to 'balance it out'.

I feel the same about this group of pelicans I photographed at Lake Hume on the Victoria - New South Wales border back in April. I ought to 'photoshop' another one in by the lump of wood in the middle distance, just to achieve that pictoral satisfaction!

I have the same dilemma with another picture taken that day. Do I add another pelican, another daughter or another wife?

1 comment:

Peter Bryenton said...

The pelican wouldn't answer back.
B.