Friday, March 16, 2007

Bashing out a Rhythm

Played the bodhran this evening for the first time in months. Good exercise but tough on the wrist. Can’t help thinking that if I persist, I’ll end up with my right arm three times the size of the left – I suppose drinking lager in steins would have the same effect only that would be less noisy in its execution.

I’ve been keen on Irish pipe and fiddle music since my early twenties, listening to bands such as Planxty and the Boys of the Lough. Their music must resonate with some particular part of my brain. Or is it that I just like something to tap my feet to?

The day was not too exciting on the image making front although the light was excellent early on. I knocked off a few pictures of a pile of vegetable crates in a field as I cycled in to work. As Penelope Cruz didn’t appear in the Pershore area at any point yet again, I had to be content with getting a very muddy foot while trying for the perfect photograph of an abandoned shopping trolley – well you have to push yourself for your art, don’t you?

So an exciting image of a pile of crates. They are dumped in a field planted with leeks. It really makes no difference what vegetable they plant around here; it could equally have been sprouts or cabbage. They all smell revolting and, in general, taste very much like they smell.

4 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

What if our Penny cooked you some broccoli?

Canbush said...

Wouldn't do any good - the retching would spoil the moment. Now if she cooked some mashed potatoes, laced with cream and butter.....

Gargoyle said...

You've done it now! I just want to see the leeks in the photo!

Canbush said...

Ah, Gargoyle, I'll have to revisit the scene and see what I can do.