Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Radiant Patch

I had to use a devious route back from Cheltenham today owing to an outbreak of horse racing at the local track. The weather was on the gorgeous side of acceptable so I sidetracked myself down to the Saxon chapel at Deerhurst.

I was lucky that I had one of my favourites models with me. He's quite happy to trot back and forth and take up any sort of a pose (within the confines of decency) and asks for little other than the occasional coffee and a good fry-up on a Saturday morning. Unfortunately, as he'd be the first to admit, he's not the most photogenic of creatures and the upturned collar on his coat hides a multitude of chins.

So there he stands, apparently warming himself at a sunny window, bathed in a soft glow, surrounded by one thousand-year-old stonework. Take off the coat and he'd freeze to death - the deception of a winter sun.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Yes, the coat and collar is a give-away that the warmth is illusionary!

Peter Bryenton said...

Lighting man lit. A very apt self portrait.

Pauline said...

In the right light, etc. Ah, but this is magnificent. I must get to work writing now as both you and B have given me covers to novels!