Sunday, January 18, 2009

Workplace

I spent ten days in the Bahamas earlier this month working on yet another poker tournament. How exotic, you might think! Unfortunately not. This is where I spent up to seventeen hours a day. What is more, where I'm sitting is actually a corridor. I'm facing an identical wall to the one behind me - a wall of beige. Also the carpet comes with its own health warning.

The banana is my attempt to prove to Pixie that I eat fruit when I'm away from home, rather than hash browns and pizza. Obviously this is unbelievable.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Excitement plus! Looks like a few bananas may have hit the carpet on occasion.

Peter Bryenton said...

At least you built your desk facing into the corridoor. Did you Photoshop the banana in later?

Pauline said...

Man With Banana

How do you land these fascinating jobs?

Anonymous said...

Be fair - at least they gave you passing strangers to talk to. You could have been couped up in some small control room.

Canbush said...

Yes Lee, and imagine what it's like in a large area. Vomit bags issued at the door.

Totally genuine banana, consumed at a later stage. Now if it had been an orange, that would have been Photoshop,

Hi Pauline. Someone rings me up, says 'do you fancy a job in the Bahamas?'. I say 'no thanks' because I don't fancy the travelling and I've been there before and I didn't like it. They hint that I'll never work for them again and so I say OK but curse mightily under my breath and moan to my friends about it who think I'm some sort of idiot.

Ah, Pete, but then I could nod off and no-one would notice.