Friday, October 28, 2005

Chips


I’m very fond of chips and have the physique to prove it. A particularly good source is the Newlands chippy in Pershore. However not all chips are edible and these colourful examples would certainly take some digesting. I spend a lot of my working life these days watching people play poker. I now understand the game but have no desire to play it. I relish the outdoor life too much to want to spend countless hours in darkened rooms, full of booze, junk food and smoke. I also like to exchange whatever money I possess for something in return, a service, an object, a warm glow perhaps – giving it to another person who has done nothing to earn it does not constitute a worthwhile transaction; gambling is nothing but a non-violent (in general) and consensual form of mugging.

No comments: