Monday, October 23, 2006

Cold Light/Warm Light

Since I've been essentially absent for a couple of months I have no remorse about featuring a group of three in today's picture. Neither do I have any feelings of contrition regarding another window with leaves outside. So there.

This image comes from Trinity Church in Newport, Rhode Island. In one of the pews George Washington once sat. I imagine this is the equivalent in the US of the countless beds in which Queen Elizabeth slept or oak trees that King Charles II hid in. It's a beautiful church, as pleasing to visit as any in the UK and as full of history.

Pixie's just told me I have my blog face on. Apparently she can see the cogs whirring even though I'm trying to look interested in what she's telling me. Just more evidence that men can't multi-task.

10 comments:

snowsparkle said...

you cracked me up with your multi-tasking comment. nice to see you back. i like pixie and her perceptions!

Susan Lucente said...

I have seen that face many times here... I think it is a common trait among men. ;-)

Pauline said...

Threes, windows, AND leaves - you've gone all out. A pity our behaviour is not always as pious out of church as in, isn't it? Your blog-face comment made me chuckle. Were you wearing it while sitting at the computer or the dinner table?

Kilroy_60 said...

"Autumn" shots are all too typical this time of year. This is a great shot. I enjoy my visits here because your photograps are anything but typical.





Should you have an opportunity I'd appreciate a visit. Interested in your thoughts...

Flea said...

Pixie, that's so funny. sometimes when I'm on my laptop my hubby would say "are you blogging again?" LOL, I think I have a blog 'apprearance' too.
Loved the photo.

Susan Lucente said...

Hey, you're not moving on to greener pastures too are you, Dave???? :-/

Canbush said...

Thanks, Hannelie

I'm trying not to, Susan!

Anonymous said...

Well, I wondered what you'd been up to since we both gave up spending hours locked in darkened rooms with each other!

It's a shame that digital cameras weren't so prevalent before we left as crtiquing pictures would have been an interesting diversion to add to our list of railway connections, longest roads, terminal cynicism and watching the LD snore in his chair. Oh happy days...

Seriously though, very impressed with the pictures and the commentry and now inspired to dust my camera off.

I'll stop by regularly just to check that the old television LD disease of believing that no f stop other than f2 actually exists doesn't come back from its obvious remission :)

Cheers

Mike T

shara said...

We'll just wait patiently until you see fit to post again.

Canbush said...

Thanks Mike, great to hear from you. Still working at f2 in the studio and the cameramen are still whingeing!

Hi Bluesmama - I'm getting there, honest