Saturday, December 09, 2006

Almost back with you (again)

I apologise to anyone who's been hanging on during the continuing absence of any intelligent or otherwise input to this blog. I've any number of excuses - trips abroad, trips away for work - but the truth is that I ran out of steam.

However.

I've taken a lot more pictures and I'm building up a backlog of subjects that I feel need airing.

I've put some kindling in the boiler, topped it with some good Welsh steam coal and added a light covering of nutty slack. The blower is on the fire is starting to draw. With luck the safety valves should lift sometime next week and we'll be under way.

4 comments:

Susan Lucente said...

I think I sorta know what you mean, Dave... I ran outta steam myself recently...not sure how to get it back. :-( Hoping this festive holiday time of year will pull me back up. I'm happy to see you preparing to get back into it again soon, looking forward to seeing your pictures and all the subjects you need to talk about. :-)

shara said...

I knew there was a reason I'd been hearing so many train whistles lately.

Anonymous said...

putting my ear to the track - good to hear rumblings...

Flea said...

Sounds good to me!!!