Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Return of the Apple Cake

It's a while since I sang the praises of the St Ann's Well Café on the Malvern Hills. So I'll do it now. Pixie and I had a cake sampling session there on Sunday as recompense for struggling up Happy Valley (and being overtaken by the obligatory octogenarian). My elfin partner had the Lemon Cake which she declared to be first-rate. I plumped for my old favourite, Apple Cake.

But this was no ordinary Apple Cake. Nor was it Marks & Spencer's Apple Cake. It was simply the best homemade Apple Cake, laced with the flavour of almonds and stunningly moist. Do not visit Worcestershire without trying it. (The tea was pretty good as well - it must be the water).

I don't do dogs. But here's one. Don't expect more.


3 comments:

Susan Lucente said...

Thanks, Dave... for giving me such irresistable temptation that now I feel I absolutley MUST go forage out some sweet delectable dessert...

:-)

Flea said...

OH yumm!!!

Canbush said...

I shall have to see if I can send you both some (although I had a job getting Marmite through Australian customs, Hann, so I don't know what they'd make of cake).