Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Globular Reflections

I've noticed a streak of narcissism creeping in lately and just to compound it, here's an image with thirteen of me, albeit small and insignificant and another with me larger but still a mere speck. They were taken using one of the many sculptural embellishments that are scattered around the small town of Stockbridge in Massachusetts.

My friend, Peter, freshly reinvented on the blog scene, is not above such devices; in fact he's often in a reflective frame. Last Saturday was his birthday and we celebrated by embarking on a gastronomic journey around the eateries of Worcestershire. This epic outing featured breakfast in Pershore, coffee at Bransford, a beer at Lulsey, a little snack at Alfrick, tea in Great Malvern, cake at Birlingham and dinner at Baughton. Some days you just can't avoid eating, fortunately. Unconventionally, in the UK at least, the morning started with cake after I tipped off the eponymous owner of Nicole's in Pershore that it was a significant day for my young friend. Obviously the single candle was a diplomatic gesture on her part.

5 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

So, who's the mug now?

Pauline said...

if you two mug around much more...

Wish you were still in Stockbridge.

I've been playing with mirrors and reflections, too, but you shan't see until I am satisfed. This writing business is harder to picture than I imagined.

Susan Lucente said...

What fun~! My birthday was last week as well, but nobody gave me such a day of revelry, I am jealous.

Pirate Peter's mug on a mug....does Sparkly Jane get a matching one?

Lee said...

Looks like everyone spotted the mug. What's with the flying cumquat?

Canbush said...

All the mug jokes in the world gathered in one place - thank you all!!

Lee, I've no idea - what possible use does it serve other than to fill in space that would be better occupied by more cake.