Sunday, September 09, 2007

Fading to Amber

Just a quickie tonight as it's late and I need my ugly sleep.

Recently I made a slightly derogatory comment about the light in the UK during the summer. Now it's within a gnat's whisker of autumn and things are on the change. Pixie and I decided to have a trip out last Friday up to one of the jewels of the Cotswolds, Chipping Campden. The light was stunning, kissing the warm limestone with tones of amber velvet. A glorious evening.

Later on we sat on a bench on Dover's Hill, looking out at the dying day. It was here, twenty six years ago, that we decided that somehow or another we were going to spend the rest of our lives together.

A special place.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Indeed a special place. The makings of a shrine in the Church of Dave.

Peter Bryenton said...

Only the most perspicacious couples have made Dovers Hill the scene of their trysts.

Pauline said...

I've been to Chipping Camden! I have pictures of that golden stone; even in the rain it glows.

I shall have to visit Dover's Hill and see the special for myself :)

Canbush said...

Not sure I want a church, Lee. Are there alternatives?

Indeed, Peter, a place of bonding.

We'll take you there, Pauline, hopefully on a similar evening of misty distance.