Thursday, September 20, 2007

Favourites


1. Favourite past-time? Sitting in a coffee house with a latte, a copy of the “Times” and an almond croissant, either alone or in the company of Pixie, Cath, Lou, Niki, Peter, Jane, any of the people whose lives enhance mine. I apologise to those relatives/friends that I’ve left off the list but the deciding factor is the croissant sharing experience (although please don’t get the idea that any actual sharing of pastries take place or that I necessarily put my paper away).

2. Favourite item of clothing? A blue moleskin jacket made by R M Williams of South Australia that I bought several years ago in Leura in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales – sorry about the detail but I felt the urge.

3. Favourite jewellery piece? I don’t do jewellery. When I started work I was shown a safety film which included a lovely shot of a finger, a gold ring and a length of tendon – the point was taken.

4. Favourite month? March – the awakening (northern hemisphere readers only).


5. Favourite number? 4651.

6. Favourite year at school? All years indifferent and marred by unrequited love.

7. Favourite season? Autumn, a time of smells.


8. Favourite hair length? Whatever makes me look most distinguished, a difficult task.

9. Favourite expression on self? Never looked.

10. Favourite expression on others? Contentment.

11. Favourite chips flavour? Plain.


12. Favourite ice-cream flavour? Caramel, from Morelli's in Broadstairs, Kent.

13. Favourite time of day? Midnight.

14. Favourite day of the week? I’ve worked for forty years in an industry where all days are treated equally so I’ve never had one.

15. Favourite movie genre? Anything which moves slowly, gives you time to think, is romantic and/or humorous and possibly features Penelope Cruz, Sophie Morceau, Kate Winslet, George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Bill Murray, Juliette Binoche, Kevin Spacey, Patricia Clarke, and numerous others about whom I could rabbit on for hours.


The quintet of images of threes comes from a recent visit to the county of Kent in south-east England.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Nicely done list, nicely punctuated in groups of three.

Pauline said...

I had to laugh at your favorite number. 4651 what?

Canbush said...

try my best, Lee

In a minor way the number ties in with your child/teenhood, Pauline, as it relates to railways and I haven't forgotten your stories of riding the rails.

4651 is the number of the engine which usually worked the local passenger train from our town station out to the mainline. When the locomotive was broken up around 1964, I bought one of its numberplates with money saved from my paper round. I still have it, a cast iron relic of my youth.

Pauline said...

How cool is that! I have such happy associations with trains - and am glad I got to share my exact railway with you when you were here!