Monday, May 25, 2009

Monochromatic Urges

I was sat in my hotel room, having finished one book and picked up another but barely started it, when suddenly this compulsion came upon me to make a monochromatic image. No idea why. Some people feel the urge for a pint of real ale or a chocolate hobnob. Not me; I'd been to the gym earlier for 30 minutes of sweating and limb creaking and all that blood swirling around had opened up a black and white pathway.


There it is. Hardly earth shattering but gently pleasing in a bucolic, rural sort of a way - a misty vista and a group of three.

And then there's this, photographing a platelayer's hut in a reed bed by a railway line in Norfolk. Obviously something else I felt was a better use of my time than sitting in a waterside hostelry with a foaming glass of Adnam's best and some sausage and mash in a rich onion gravy.

I really must get these aberrations looked at.


(Second blog this month - whoa)

3 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

Sparkly says "Ah, bless."

I say them's two very fine monos, Dave mate. I'd like to see that hut again, done in infra-red, merely by way of comparison.

I am now left wondering if a trackside platelayer could eventually graduate to the rank of Dining Car Steward.

I will not, out of simple consideration for a dear friend, tell you what I ate for breakfast this morning. It simply would not be fair.

Pauline said...

Making black and white images won't earn you the headache a few pints might - but to pass up bangers and mash in rich onion gravy seems a sin. Can't you get that as take out?

Canbush said...

I've never tried, Pauline. Do you think the sauce would seep out through the bag?