Sunday, April 16, 2006

Return to the Fold

I've just finished a couple of months of creatively unrewarding work in London. Back into the swing of home life now, stripping wallpaper, a bit of carpentry, pottering in the garden, clearing out the shed - and breaking the Blog-Clog.

London was a very negative period. I think I switch off completely when no great demands are being made on me; despite spending hours in a dark room, alone, surrounded by the muted, soothing roar of cooling fans, I produced very little in terms of new writing. I re-edited a couple of chapters of my never-to-be-published novel and sorted out a lot of photographs. It was all concerned with past endeavours. Eyes open (most of the time), brain in neutral.

A brass knurled object kissed by a gobbet of back light - irresistable, particularly if your name is Stanley.

2 comments:

shara said...

How beautiful, like a miniature crown.

Canbush said...

These things just pop up in front me sometimes when I least expect it.

Incidentally you've gained a new fan. I was showing my wife (code name - Pixie) your pictures earlier today and she was very taken with them. Looking forward to some more when you feel the urge.