Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ring O'Bells

Peter's a fan of reflection shots so I'm presenting him with this one taken outside the ’Ring o'Bells' at Cheriton Fitzpaine in Devon. It's a fine pub - excellent food, well-kept real ales, and a friendly atmosphere.

Inside you can play darts - if you're under about five foot nine. Even with the cunningly contrived dent in the ceiling, I can't get a dart into the board from my lofty height although imbedding them in my foot is a cinch. I'll not say anything about Pixie's prowess with the arrows for fear of repercussions.


I am reliably informed that the Rioja was first class. I can personally speak well of at least one of the real ales available - a pint of 'Otter', a very quaffable brew thrusting its way onto the palate with bravado and aplomb.

It was dark when we left. None of us tripped over anything valuable or sentient as far as I'm aware.

3 comments:

snowsparkle said...

it sounds like it was a lovely excursion. i'm no geometry whiz, so this may be a silly question... but how in the world did you manage to keep the camera out of the reflection shot?

Peter Bryenton said...

Reflection: smashing, thanks mate.
Wine & beer: there must be a "one hundred" downloads to be made in there somewere.
Dent in the ceiling: let's buy the domain name now. It could be the name of a new strong ale.

Canbush said...

Lee - it was and I'm hoping we can do the same one day

Snowsparkle - I'm afraid I'm no magician, just crouching in the undergrowth. If you look just below the window in the centre of the picture you can see the top of my head and my arm.

Peter - this is one for us to visit one day. Domain name? Why not.