Thursday, February 14, 2008

Pink Nut

It is time I veered off on to another course, away from the swirling maelstrom of bureaucratic idiocy; it has exhausted me and this current burst of loquacity is at risk of withering away.

But whither?

Stuck as I am in a TV studio all day, I’m short of opportunities for image-making. Poker players, in general, are a pasty-faced, unprepossessing lot, spending far too much time indoors, eating poor food – ah, that sounds just like me at the moment. They don't make good subjects for my camera.

On the other hand, coconuts do, especially if someone has taken the trouble to slice the tops off and fill them with some sort of pink gunk. Just place empty vessel on a pristine beach and await arrival of photographer. Absolutely irresistible to anyone whose usual diet of things on sand is seaweed, pebbles, driftwood and the detritus of modern life.

As usual I got my trouser knees wet (wearing jeans, not shorts, you see. I was off to work later and no gentleman goes to work in shorts, unless they’re a lifeguard - whatever country they live in!).

2 comments:

Lee said...

I love the foam, frozen in time and space. But I will go to my grave wondering what the pink gunk was!

Pauline said...

two wet knees, one great shot -

oh the things you have to suffer for art :)