Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just the Teeniest Bit Creepy

I'd finished shooting the organist's hands and decided to revisit the chapel for another tussle with the angels and maybe some more spit. The tomb within was an image-makers gift and, by the standards of the Victorian era, quite restrained, unlike me who likes nothing more than a good cavort around a bit of mucky stonework. As I shifted across to the other side of the recumbent figure, an up-the-nostrils shot caught my eye.

I plonked down my tripod and let fly. On the wrong white-balance setting (Oo, er, mother, he's gone all technical). Daylit room, camera set to tungsten for the reading light on the organ; result, it's all gone blue. And sinister, and just the tinest bit creepy. Day-for-night, Hollywood style. Gorgeous.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I love it! Often photos of marble are a sallow colour reminiscent of poor quality table margarine. Love the blue.

(Footnote: on reflection there is no good quality table margarine, it's just yellower.)

Canbush said...

Agree on the marge. Which is superior, the Tim Tam or the Penquin? Answers on one side of the paper only, please.

Lee said...

A bird in the hand. Don't know that I have had a penguin so hard to say. Certainly the alliteration of a Tim-Tam Slam gets lost with a ... what? Sloppy Penguin?