Friday, August 10, 2007

Shorts

I think it was Shara who was wondering what I was up to this week. So in a spirit of enlightenment, here’s an image of two of my cameramen colleagues at work on the set what I have lit (great bit of English). Although I was bemoaning the fact that I was using pink and blue again, as you can see it’s much more like lilac and blue (and that makes all the difference to my mental state). Unfortunately the broadcast camera technology is not up to the challenge of such subtle distinctions so the picture you’ll see on the tele will be - pink & blue.

I’ve commented in the past on the deplorable habit of English men taking to wearing shorts as soon as there’s any hint of summer. Just look closely at the photograph – my case is proven.

4 comments:

Lee said...

I was quite enjoying the photo until you pointed out the fatted calves.

Canbush said...

Very droll! Best to leg it after making that sort of comment.

Susan Lucente said...

It's not just the English men doing that. Over here in the US, as soon as the ice thaws in the winter, on the first 50(f) degree day, you'll see people all over wearing shorts, laying out in the sun trying for a tan... Funny thing is, at the end of summer, the first 50(f)degree day and those same people are dressing in sweatshirts, coats and gloves and complaining about how cold it is.

Canbush said...

There's nowt as strange as folk, Susan. I think it's just me being a snob but I can't abide the sight of men in shorts!