Thursday, December 22, 2005

Almond Croissants - An Update

I took a trip up to Heathrow today to pick up my youngest brother, Pete, our very own web-site guru. I stopped off at John Lewis at High Wycombe to carry out a spot check on the standard of their almond croissants. I have to say they were a little disappointing, measuring only 40% satisfactory against the standard set at the Rendezvous in Leicester Square and John Lewis at Kingston-on Thames. The main problems were low to non-existent almond paste content and dryness in the overall texture. Room for improvement there; I hope this is not a warning of future performance.

The press, as usual, had spun horror stories about the state of the roads today and the millions of people endeavouring to leave our sceptred isle for foreign parts. Thus warned, I left with plenty of time in hand and, with the way these thing go, I arrived far too early. The M25 was so empty I suspected there had been an alien landing somewhere and I drove into the short stay car park at Terminal 3 without even getting stopped at a set of lights. Incidentally if Gordon Brown ever seriously wants to reduce the National Debt, he should take up a franchise on airport parking - rip-off Britain in spades.

Yesterday I contrived a link to an image by implying the need for a chat over a beer. If that were to happen, this is probably the inn where it would take place (another nebulous link - getting desperate now).


2 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

When will you be completing your NVQ level IV in Farinaceous Foods, Dave?

Canbush said...

As soon as I can find an assessor!