Thursday, August 03, 2006

Return of the Splash

The splash of red has taken a bit of a back seat recently but now it's back.

This Georgian window fronts the White Lion in Upton-On-Severn, an inn dating back to 1510. I've never been inside so I can't comment on the ambience, the breakfast, whether they serve real ale or if the beds are comfortable and the hot water hot. Others will know and they may tell.

Nevertheless, it's painted a pleasant shade of yellow and someone on the first floor likes to keep their small change in a miniature Royal Mail postbox.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do outstanding work. I could have commented on any of the posts, so the current one seemed most appropriate.

I'm plugging you in my link list under Blogs Of Note. Come by for a look, will you, Fear And Loathing In The Blogosphere. I'd like to do a link exchange.

shara said...

It's like seeing an old friend, coming across that splash of red. And my kitchen walls are almost that very colour.

Flea said...

No that's just unfair, I am searching and looking and even setting fake splashes of red up to capture one and here you come up with this winner!
I'll get you back....I will...I will...

Josephine said...

Good eye, Dave!!

Canbush said...

Thanks, Kilroy_60, I'll take a look.

Bluesmama of the Sunny Kitchen, I thank you

Hannelie, I'm waiting patiently....

Thanks, Josephine, I almost missed it but just as I was moving away the sun glinted on the red - voila!