Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Curtains

Nothing much has stirred me up today other than waking to find the power off. It took the electricity suppier under two hours to get to us and fix it and I have to regard that as quite acceptable given how many days it could have taken. For that reason I am going to to something I have never had occasion to do before. I'm going to praise a public utility service.

Well done, chaps.

I wish I could remember the name of the business concerned but they change their name every few months and I've lost track.

This afternoon we popped over to Alcester. I managed to sneak off to a tea shop while Monica went shopping - this is the ideal scenario and we men should encourage it at all times (if you're not driving, a pub is an alternative). While slurping away at the British national drink, I spotted some very tasty curtain material in red, gold and rust. Yes, I know, exposing my feminine side again. I can't help it. I like material. I like the colour, the designs, the textures.

In a perfect world I would run a shop which sold curtaining, oriental rugs, antique Royal Worcester Porcelain, chutney, real ale and model railway stuff. It would also, like the shop in Alcester, have an area serving damn good coffee and exquisitely fashioned cakes, like my Dad's apple cake (made from a recipe in a gardening magazine but not at all earthy). There's probably a few other things I should stock; I'll have to think about it.

A one, a two and a three, in a three

4 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

A masterful arrangement.

Canbush said...

And in the sun - how good is that?

shara said...

The bricks are so beautiful against the blue sky.

Canbush said...

Around this part of the UK the buildings tend to be in either red brick or a gentle yellow/brown limestone. Both are very photogenic.

And, as you can see, after two weeks of gloom the sun has come back.