Friday, February 17, 2006

An Inverted Image

Peter and I had a trip out today to the Forest of Dean to meet up with my brother Bob and a plate of faggots, mushy peas and mash at the Rising Sun, Moseley Green (don't ask about the faggots). The light was good but I reckon there's only so much photography you can do with trees, leaves and muddy tracks before terminal boredom sets in.

On the way back, we were chasing the sun, leaping from the car, plummeting down muddy banks, struggling through impenetrable thickets, striving to catch the last gasps of the day slanting through the trees. At one such leap I took this reflection shot. Just for the fun of it (we live on the edge here in Worcestershire) I've inverted the image. Quite like it the wrong way up so that's where it will stay.

5 comments:

shara said...

"chasing the sun, leaping from the car, plummeting down muddy banks, struggling through impenetrable thickets, striving to catch the last gasps of the day slanting through the trees..." -- Sounds like such an exciting day. And the upside down picture looks like magic.

Peter Bryenton said...

The wrong way up is a metaphor for my life - and I quite like it that way too.

Canbush said...

A pathway of light to another world.

Helene said...

I am with Peter here... I really relate to this one! lol

Great photos! ty

Canbush said...

Thanks, Kate, much appreciated