Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dark into Light

I'm continuing an exploration of images depicting a transition from dark to light and vice-versa.

Jeffreys Street, Kirribilli, just to the north of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, is a good example of the attractive architectural style that Australia developed in the late eighteenth/early nineteenth century.

I was attracted to this image because of the change in mood from the deep gloom of the foreground, a product of tree shadows and a sombre paint scheme, to the sun-blessed open pavement further up the hill.

6 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

A most appropriate visual metaphor for anyone coming out of a cluster headache clump.

shara said...

Or a period of deep, dark contemplation.

shara said...

Okay, I'm either really hungry and consequently not thinking clearly (haven't eaten since some chocolate ice cream last night and some advil this morning, well, and a whole lot of coffee, oh yeah and that iced mocha rum drink I made myself a little earlier. So if rum counts as a food group, and in my estimation it certainly should, then I guess I have had something to eat, but I digress, go figure) or there's some hidden garlic reference I'm missing. Because I just see buildings and shadows here. Enlighten me, please, at your convenience.

Canbush said...

Thanks one and all.

The garlic thing is that I bought a tube of this puree because I'm getting lazy and it seems so much easier than all that chopping and crushing. I should know better.

Bluemama - it's all right, it's us confusing you - Lee's replying to a nonsensical comment I made on his blog - we will consider our wrists to have been slapped

shara said...

Hmmm. We need a bulletin board somewhere to tack notes on.

Canbush said...

Excellent idea, Bluesmama, perhaps one of the men would like to suggest it (JOKE!)