Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lethargy Rules

Lethargy rules today. Can't seem to get any part of my being into gear. I haven't felt the urge to write anything or photograph anything. Didn't even go out and get a newspaper although I did make myself a tasty cheddar cheese and pickle panini for lunch so obviously some vital functions are still intact.

Another image from the parish church at Overbury. I've no idea of who thought of lighting this medieval building with tablelamps but it's a novel one. Perhaps they're a job lot from Ikea.

3 comments:

shara said...

Seems like a number of people are in the same boat. Maybe there's some sort of mental flu going around? (With luck, it will make its way to Lee's possums.)

shara said...

This has nothing to do with lethargy as near as I can tell, but it does have to do with churches, so I guess it's not such a stretch.

One of the funniest things I remember reading in the paper was a story about some vandals who had spraypainted their feelings all over the walls of a church. (Yes, okay, the vandalism part is sad, but wait.) The problem was, they had obviously spent too much time listening to Metallica and not enough with their noses in a book.

What did they spraypaint?

"Satin Rules!"

I almost peed myself when I read that.

Canbush said...

Mental flu - well hopefully we'll all shake it off soon and return to peak creativity.

Lee - quite keen on minimalism - but also quite keen on excess so a bit of a dilemma.

Bluesmama - are you sure it wasn't some sort of fashion protest?