Thursday, June 22, 2006

More Thatch

Today the gloom lifted to show the British summer at its most superb - warm, golden sun tempered by a cool, flirtatious breeze.

I thought I'd give the thatch theme one more thrashing (and tomorrow I'll try and kill the alliteration bug I'm infected with).

This interesting collection of shapes adorns the museum in the Devonian town of Budleigh Salterton, a place well loved by the older members of society - our presence temporarily lowered the average age by about ten years.

It also has some of the best ice cream in England.

3 comments:

Flea said...

yum, I only eat ice cream in summer, in winter it makes me feel colder.

Peter Bryenton said...

A smashing set of simple shapes seen against a cerulean sky, merci.

Neoma said...

I just discovered your blog, via of Lee's Blog, he has put up some nice links for browsing, your blog was one of those. I am enjoying my visit. Please don't stop any trend you have started, it is all good.

My daughter was offered a very expensive High School trip to England. I really want her to go, but knowing my daughter, anything the high school has to offer will be so time controlled she will just be frustrated. I have told her, when you graduate, maybe a couple of your friends and you can plan an actual trip to England on your own. Maybe if we start now, this can happen. She has become very enamored with all things from "over the pond". She is 16 and full of life..........ah to be so young again.. haha