Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tie-in

I was idly scanning through my recent images when I realised that I have one that pulls together my last two posts. Never one to resist an excuse to fling another picture at the world at large, here is a view of Sidmouth looking west.

There are no deckchairs, striped or otherwise although I was stood next to one as I took the photograph. However the colours are there in the Union Jack, fluttering next to the thatched cottage - you may need a magnifying glass to see it.

What's more, there's a shaft of sunlight and a pile of gloom.

Voila!

(Ah, but what about the pensioners, I hear you ask. They're back in their charabancs and heading for home, full of scones, clotted cream and jam)

6 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

Yes, those old buggers do leave their coaches full of discarded, half-gnawed pastry.

Josephine said...

I'm making that high-pitched humming noise - sort of like a cicada - that I can't seem to control when I see something really gorgeous...

Love that light on the water...

deezee said...

love all the images you post......

Canbush said...

Thank you, all. There something magical about shafts of light on water.

christina@eastsidearts.org.au said...

Lovely shot. I ate a crab on that beach the same summer that a Morris dancer was hit by a double decker bus in the main street. No one knew whether to show concern or mirth ...

Canbush said...

Thanks for the comment, Christina. Tricky call on the bus, I'd have probably gone for mirth (as long as it wasn't too serious - nasty things, double deckers, leap out at you without warning)