Monday, January 23, 2006

Iron Things & Their Shadows

The weather has returned to normal after its euphoric outburst yesterday. It is gloomy and raw. I cycled into Pershore at lunchtime and, for the first time, wore the headgear that Peter has kindly given me to keep my ears warm. In doing so I ignored the apt rhyming couplet:

Wear a woolly hat
Look a total prat*

Oh how true that is when you have the bone structure of a football!

I took no photographs today worth mentioning since I have entered a 'prima donna' phase and am refusing to play if the light's not right. It won't last. I'll soon be back to trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; by the way, why would anyone try that?.

However I have a couple of recent images to throw into the melting pot on the theme of 'iron things and their shadows'; I really must do better with titles.

* Prat - The word is commonly used in the United Kingdom to refer to an idiot. For example: "don't be such a prat". It is also a component of the word "pratfall." Elsewhere it can mean 'buttocks'. Either use is appropriate in this context.

2 comments:

shara said...

The title "Iron Things & Their Shadows" caught my eye right away. Oooh...iron....AND shadows. How lucky can you get?

Canbush said...

I know, it's a cracking combination and irresistable. Probably in the same league as your barbed wire. I must go and look for some - a lovely rusty example with a bit of sheep's wool blowing in the breeze. Bound to be some up on the hills round here.