Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Lattice Bridge

Yesterday's lattice window found an echo today when I went exploring in the town of Lydney in the Forest of Dean. I came across this footbridge that leapt out at me as a photographic subject. Firstly it was rusty and I'm a sucker for anything with a bit of rust on it. Secondly it was criss-crossed by diagonals which I think are very dynamic in image making. Thirdly, it looked decrepit and was surrounded by rampant greenery.

Monica is always accusing me of carrying a pin around with me so that I can prick people's bubbles. I'm not against using it on myself. My disappointment today was with the intermittent sun and the direction of what sunlight there was. I would have really liked a strong kick of light down the steps towards camera to bring them to life. As I'm not a god, I had to rely on what nature, a fickle mistress at the best of times, had bestowed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And under the bridge was once a railway line? Just a guess. Great pictures.

Canbush said...

Thanks, Kevin. And you're right. There is still a railway line - the Dean Forest Railway.