Monday, July 10, 2006

723


One of my many photographic missions is to make railways look quirky and just a little bit arty. Hopefully I've achieved that here.

It's the arm that caught my eye. A waiting arm, hand flexed, ready for action, eager to depress the dead man's handle, apply the power and be off to pastures new.

Other things?

The limited colour palette, the stark blackness, the presence of the shadowy photographer, this works for me on many strange levels.

So there you are; just for once I'm not whingeing about one of my images.

3 comments:

Flea said...

Oh lovely!! We are going on a steam train in August...can't wait...can't wait...never have been!!!
I'll post some pre trip picks from the brochure....model railway is standing still a bit...it's winter here!!

Josephine said...

You did exactly what you set out to do! This is a great image. If it were on sale, I'd buy it. It's just the kind of thing I like. It's not happy and not sad, and it is artful.

Good job!!

Canbush said...

Hannelie - I'm not sure there is a time that's not for model railways although I do get told that it should be a winter activity, i.e. not a replacement for gardening and house maintenance.

Thank you, Lee and Josephine, glad you liked it.