Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Driftwood & A Bolt

Pixie asked me to make her some images of driftwood so that she can fill an irritating little space on the wall above the sink in the downstairs cloakroom; I don't know why we call it that because I've never seen a cloak in there but, hey, ho.

It just so happens that we have a few bits of suitable wood hanging around in the garden, rescued from foreshores around the British Isles so getting them together was easy enough. We also have lots of pseudo beach given our liking for replacing grass (nasty stuff, needs cutting, fills up with weeds and moss, goes brown in summer) with pebbles (none of the above but hard on the feet).

So I got down and grovelled, playing with the direction of the sun and depth of focus. It was a short-lived exercise as the sun went in and I got bored waiting for it to come out to play again. Still I did get something that might pass muster, and a bit of rust to boot.

6 comments:

Flea said...

I love rusty objects too, the make nice photo's and colours. Check my spade out, I tried to capture some colours the other day but I think I shouldn't have standed up while taking the pic, it looks a bit 'spacey'.
Well done! What colour frame will Pixie put it in?

Susan Lucente said...

I like this one very much. I think it would be extra nice done in sepia tone. :-)

Peter Bryenton said...

Rusty nail?
Time for cocktails.

Pauline said...

Perfect for any irritating little space, even for big, non-irritating ones. The rocks, the rust, the wood all color-complimenting one another; it's a bolt's view of the world...neat!

Josephine said...

I like it!

Cloak room. Has a good ring to it.

Canbush said...

I'm not sure, Hannelie - perhaps driftwood.

Susan - I shall experiment and ket you know

Lee - very droll, and did whatever it was sink as a result?

Peter - your erudition never ceases to amaze me

Thanks, Pauline - perhaps the bolts have the best seats in the house.

Yes, Josephine, just another little English phrase to disguise the room's true and basic function.